Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Island Caretaker Video


For those who haven't seen it (or care to see it again), here is my 60-second video for Australia's "Best Job in the World." It made the top 50 out of 34,684 applications, but, alas, I was not selected.

THE VIDEO


I wrote, directed and edited the video by myself and finished it in about 3 days (then stressed about the best way to submit it for 2 weeks!). Thanks to Blake Stowe for the camera work.

The water in the lake that day was 8°C (47°F)! That part of the shoot was very cold but lots of fun.

Also, thanks to Australian artist Gabriella Cilmi for "letting me" shamelessly loop part of her single.

8 comments:

  1. cool! congratS! you are shortlisted for the job. hope you'll get it..cool video....

    I also do blog http://theadventuresofmamayandron.blogspot.com

    ILoveAlec

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Steven-- we r rooting and voting for you and encouraging all our friends and family to do the same!! Smiles-- the everetts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Steven, I got the email confirmation to be on the shortlist too, but was just an alternate if people didn't pass the online test. I didn't make it but I'm pullin' for ya!

    my non winning vid: http://www.islandreefjob.com/#/applicants/watch/aZsx3OrSYgw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being shortlisted. Loved your video, and as a fellow Texan, I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Seth! And your video is great! Love the costumes and sports. I'm sure it's bitter/sweet, but I hope you're still proud of making the top 200 out of 35,000!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vamos compadre! Apurate en llegar a la gran barrera que ya quiero visitar. Paz y suerte.

    ReplyDelete